Another fake account. Hell, why don’t people GET IT? If I wanted a Facebook page I’d make one. The only real page is at sevcom.com
Problem is to complain about a fake page you have to join Facebook.
Update: Joined, set maximum privacy and complained.
Update: The person that set up the account has made no attempt to talk with me despite my being very clear that I was pissed. Facebook has a procedure for identity theft which is completely false. You’re told to click on controls next to a time line that don’t exist. That’s seriously fucked up. They DO have copyright set up – I guess they are actually worried about that. So far I have managed to get three images taken down. I hope that the body snatcher gets the message.
Update: Still no response from the pod person. I suspect that they don’t feed this Tamagotchi very often. Sigh. I asked that the rest of the images go (didn’t realise that they were on a Facebook external drive.) That leaves an untidy mess which I’ll have to deny for years to come, damn them.
Update: We have contact. Page is coming down. Good result and reasonable exchange of emails. It was over-enthusiasm. Next week on Batman, the Riddler covers Gotham with a giant tea cosy.
What’s the problem? Well since you asked:
- If I want to do something I’ll do it. I’m not crippled. I’m not mentally incapacitated. I don’t need you to do things ‘on my behalf’. Just let me make my own decisions.
- I really don’t like people ‘being me’. That’s creepy. Particularly signing contracts as ‘me’. That’s illegal.
- I find Facebook repulsive. I don’t have to justify that to anyone, but I find it horribly conformist and a lifestyle template for the normals.
- I don’t want to trade my privacy to get access to other people. I don’t really want that kind of access.
- It’s ugly. It looks like some kind of bank. I want my stuff to have my personality, not some bank.
- Seriously – number 2 again. You’re creepy.
Should have asked BEFOREHAND